The Childhood Eye Cancer Trust celebrates its 25th anniversary this year and to mark the occasion we have set ourselves the enormous task of raising £250,000. It's no mean feat and we're going to need your help to do that.
With the extra funds raised we are hoping to increase support services, particularly for older children and adults, develop a comprehensive programme of regional meet-ups and increase awareness of retinoblastoma amongst parents and medical professionals.
To reach our fundraising target supporters of the Childhood Eye Cancer Trust are signing up for our '25' challenge and now's your chance to join them. So far we've had sponsored slimming, sponsored baking, 25 car washes, 25% of 25 eBay sales and more ideas are coming into the office every day.
If you're stuck for inspiration, we've a list of 25 ideas below to help you on your way. Keep in touch and let us know what you're planning. We will be collating the events into a nationwide map shortly so you can see where your 25th events are taking place - so watch this space!
- Host 25 coffee mornings (only two a month after the initial one!)
- Proceeds of 25 items for sale at car boot sale/table top/garage sale/eBay
- Throw a dinner party – charge guests £25 and donate the profits!
- Cycle, swim, run, do all three to get to 25 miles, or km, see our Challenge events page.
- Bake 25 cakes (can be cup cakes) and sell to friends
- Ask your friends to collect their 20ps and 5ps and donate to CHECT
- Get people to sponsor you to do something daft/hard/silly/ for 25 minutes, hours, days
- Get kids to do a sponsored silence for 25 minutes
- Send/give 25 people information on CHECT and ask them to donate £1
- Get 25 "Little Givers" boxes and ask 25 people to donate their loose change
- Let 25 people know that they can donate by text to £2/5/10 to EYES25 (393725)
- Ask 25 local businesses if they would hold a dress down day to raise funds for CHECT
- Ask 25 local businesses for raffle prizes and sell tickets amongst family and friends
- Give 25 people a jewellery recycling bag
- Hold a 25-question quiz night
- Give up coffee/cigarettes/cake/chocolate/facebook, whatever your addiction for 25 days and get people to sponsor you.
- Organise a treasure hunt with 25 clues
- Let 25 people know about www.giveacar.co.uk
- Use www.everyclick.com/childhoodeyecancertrust as your search engine when you purchase goods/your weekly shop on line for 25 weeks and watch the £££££s roll in
- Ask 25 nurseries/schools/childminders if they would fundraise for CHECT
- Visit 25 attractions/pubs/golfcourses/shopping malls in 25 hours and get sponsorship
- Take 25p, £2.50 or £25 and see if you can increase it by 25% by making it work for you, ie bake something, create something, buy something and sell it to your friends
- If you have a 25th wedding anniversary coming up and really don't want or need gifts from friends and family why not suggest they make a donation to CHECT instead?
- Whatever your hobby is there is a way to fundraise from it, ie if you belong to a photography club ask them to put in an exhibition of 25 fab photos and ask for £2.50 entrance fee (you could throw in a cup of coffee or a glass of wine too)!
- Ask your local Tesco/Waitrose/Sainsbury etc if they would donate a £25 gift voucher/donategoods to the value of £25 for you to use to fundraise