Please follow these guidelines when using the CHECT forum. This will ensure that all users will be able to make the most of the site in a friendly, safe and supportive manor.
1) The forum is currently for users aged 18 years and over.
2) Be considerate, courteous and polite at all times.
3) Please try not to offend other users.
4) If you disagree with opinions expressed on the forums, please do so respectfully.
5) Remember everyone's experience of Rb is unique. Treatment options vary from case to case. If you have any concerns about your treatment, please contact your healthcare professional.
6) We would prefer you use terms such as "My Son", "My Daughter" or the initials of the child in order to protect the anonymity of the person in question. ("S started school today")
7) Please don’t post your phone number, email address or full postal address on the forum. If you want to pass this information onto someone then use the private messaging facility.
8) Do not refer to any healthcare professional by name, or in any other way which may lead to them being identified.
9) Only take medical advice from users identified by CHECT as Rb Professional. These will be staff who work at one of the Rb hospital units.
10) Do not misrepresent yourself, pretend to be someone you are not.
11) Content will be reviewed by the administrators and moderators and may be removed or edited if we feel it is inappropriate. If one of your posts is removed or edited for this reason, you will be emailed by an administrator to explain the reasons.
12) Please only post in English. We are only able to moderate the forum and make sure it is a safe and friendly place if the posts are in English. You can private message people in a language other then English if you want to.
The forum administrators reserve the right to warn or ban any member who has used the forum in a way which we feel is inappropriate.
Many thanks and we hope you enjoy the forum.